ABOUT WINDSOR PARK CALGARY
WINDSOR PARK HOMES FOR SALE!
The community of Windsor Park, Calgary, Alberta
Popular inner-city infill community.
Windsor Park is a popular inner-city infill community because of its proximity to a range of amenities. The communities that surround Windsor Park are varied and include a mix of bungalow style, luxurious and top Calgary estate communities. These include Britannia, Elboya, Bel-Aire, Mayfair and Meadowlark Park.
Parks, including Calgary Golf & Country Club, Sandy Beach Park and Riverdale Park, snake around the Elbow River and are great places to hang out. Chinook Centre, one of Calgary’s most prestigious and busiest malls, can be found just south of the community. It has a variety of high-end stores, as well as a movie theatre, restaurants and a food court. There are also a plethora of restaurants along Macleod Trail.
Macleod Trail is found east of the community and is a major corridor to Calgary’s downtown. Downtown is also accessible via Elbow Drive (and 4th Street in Mission), which runs through the community. Glenmore Trail also connects this community easily east/west. Continual improvements with Glenmore Trail have improved traffic and connectivity for the area. The Chinook LRT Station is also a quick walk or drive from the community, and bus routes can be found along Elbow Drive.
Britannia Plaza, a trendy strip mall off Elbow Drive has all the necessities to make this area very convenient for all. It includes shops like: Sunterra Market, Jusu Bar Britannia, Orange Theory, Monogram Coffee, Britannia Wine Merchants, Amanail Boutique, Bon A-Pet-Treat! Pet Store & Bakery, Starbucks, Village Ice Cream, Britannia Medical Clinic and Browns Socialhouse.
- Located in Windsor Park is the Calgary Golf & Country Club.
- Windsor Park is in walking distance to many beautiful green spaces and parks around the Elbow River including Stanley Park and Sandy Beach Park.
- The community is a five minute drive to trendy Mission which offers a variety of fine dining options.
- The closest LRT station to Windsor Park is Chinook Station.
- A variety of retirement residences are located in and around Windsor Park including Amica Britannia, Chartwell Fountains of Mission Retirement Residence and Mount Royal Long Term Care.
- This community is perfect for dog lovers. A variety of dog parks are found in the area.
Schools/universities in Windsor Park and surrounding communities include:
- Elboya School (K-9)
- Western Canada High School (10-12)
- Henry Wise Wood Senior High School (10-12)
- Augustine School (K-9)
- Bishop Grandin High School (10-12)
- Matthew School (K-9)
- Gerard School (K-6)
- First Evangelical Free Church
- Anthony's Catholic Parish
- First Assembly
- Free Reformed Church of Calgary
- Christ Church Anglican Calgary
- River Park Church
- Friends Church
- Living Spirit United Church
- Christ Church Anglican Calgary
- Meadowlark Park
- Elbow Park
- Rideau Park
- Lower Mount Royal
- South Calgary
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Chinook Mall
- Calgary Golf & Country Club
- 17th Avenue Entertainment District
- Stanley Park
- Sandy Beach Park
- Glenmore Reservoir
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Calgary Tower
- Glenbow Museum
- The Military Museums
Looking to buy or sell in the Windsor Park neighbourhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.