ABOUT UPPER MOUNT ROYAL CALGARY
UPPER MOUNT ROYAL HOMES FOR SALE!
The community of Upper Mount Royal, Calgary, Alberta
Upper Mount Royal
A top inner-city infill and luxury estate community.
Mount Royal is an inner-city community in Calgary. It consists of two communities: Upper Mount Royal and Lower Mount Royal, which are separated by an escarpment that runs along with Cameron and Royal Avenue in an east-west direction.
Upper Mount Royal is one of Calgary’s wealthiest neighbourhoods. It’s bounded between 17th Avenue SW and 14th Street SW to the west. This community is unique in that homes range from 100 years old to new builds, mainly consisting of single-family detached homes. In comparison, Lower Mount Royal has mainly condominium and apartment rental units. Based on the 2014 City of Calgary Civic Census, the median age is 43 years old, while the median income is approximately $123,934.
Within a few minutes' drive to the downtown core, and in between the trendiest streets of Marda Loop, 17th Avenue and Mission, there is plenty to do in and around Upper Mount Royal. 17th Avenue is known for its restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, and unique shops and boutiques. It is also known as the Red Mile during the Calgary Flames’ playoff seasons.
Amenities include Safeway, Urban Fare, Co-op Midtown, Starbucks, Shoppers Drug Mart, Scotiabank, Structube, Lolë Calgary 17th Ave, Best Buy, The Coup, Waves Coffee House, Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters, Purple Perk, Tim Hortons, Good Life Fitness, Canadian Tire, Purr Petite, Jinya, Liquor Depot Mount Royal, Mission General Store, Amaranth Whole Foods, Una Pizza + Wine, lululemon, Anejo, Tubby Dog, Blanco Cantina, Brown’s Socialhouse and Analog Coffee.
- Within a few minutes drive to the downtown core, and in between the trendy streets of Marda Loop, 17th Avenue and Mission, there is plenty to do in and around this community.
- Calgary’s Talisman Centre, a top recreation facility, is nearby.
- Some of Calgary’s best fine dining options are in and around this neighbourhood.
- Upper Mount Royal is a bus-friendly neighbourhood.
- A variety of retirement residences are located in and around the community including Mount Royal Long Term Care.
- This community is within walking distance to the Calgary Stampede Grounds and Scotiabank Saddledome.
Schools/universities in Upper Mount Royal and surrounding communities include:
- Earl Grey Elementary School
- William Reid Elementary School
- Mount Royal Junior High
- Western Canada High School
- NewSpring Church
- Christ Church Anglican Calgary
- Calgary Community Reformed Church
- Grace Presbyterian Church
- St. Stephen's Anglican Church
- Church Universal & Triumphant
- Calgary Full Gospel Church
- St Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church
- Sacred Heart Church
- First Baptist Church
- Lower Mount Royal
- Cliff Bungalow
- Marda Loop
- Mount Pleasant
- Rideau Park
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- 17th Avenue Entertainment District
- 4th Avenue Entertainment District
- Stephen Avenue Walk
- Prince’s Island Park
- Calgary Stampede Grounds
- Stampede Casino
- Famous Five Statue
- Tomkins Park
- Calgary Tower
- Glenbow Museum
- Chinook Mall
- Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome
Looking to buy or sell in the Upper Mount Royal neighbourhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.