Community of Mission, Calgary, Alberta
A revitalized neighbourhood.
Mission is a trendy inner-city hot spot in Calgary. The community is located on the corner of 17th Avenue SW and 4th Street SW. It’s bound by the Elbow River to the east and 1St Street SE (which is southbound Macleod Trail).
Mission is a small neighbourhood with a mix of lowrise and highrise condominiums, old (Victorian style) century homes and estate homes. Housing options range from multi-million dollar homes to $100,000 condos.
This revitalized area includes many upscale restaurants, coffee shops and boutique shopping options. It’s extremely popular for young professionals as Victoria Park/Stampede and Erlton C-Train Stations are within walking distance. Others choose to walk to downtown Calgary which only takes 15 minutes. Mission is filled with eateries, and Calgary’s 17th Avenue Entertainment District is a short walk away. For pet lovers, there are plenty of green spaces and pathways, and for those who like to stay active, Repsol Sport Centre is nearby.
The communities of Mission, Erlton and Roxboro are located in flood zones and have experienced flooding in springtime when excess snow melts into the Elbow River. The City of Calgary has put in measures to ensure flooding in these areas is reduced or mitigated, and most homes have been remediated.
Amenities include Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart, lululemon, Urban Butcher, Bin 905 Wine & Spirits, Mission Tattoo Parlour, Starbucks, Purple Perk, Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters, Vin Room, Mercato, Anejo, Rajdoot Restaurant, OEB Breakfast, Fourth Street Pizza, Anju, JINYA Ramen Bar, One Cycle Spin Studio and Amaranth Whole Foods Market.
- Five-minute walk to the Repsol Sport Centre, Beltline and downtown.
- Rocky View Hospital is a 10-minute drive and the community is in close proximity to fire and police services.
- Elite hotspots such as the Calgary Golf & Country Club and Glencoe Club are located close to Mission.
- 4th Street and 17th Avenue Entertainment Districts are two of Calgary’s most popular areas to eat, drink and experience city nightlife.
- Dog lovers can enjoy the Roxboro and Erlton off-leash dog park.
- Chinook Centre, Calgary’s most prestigious shopping mall, is a 10-minute drive away.
- Chartwell Fountains of Mission Retirement Residence is located in the community.
Schools/universities in Mission and surrounding communities:
- Saint Mary’s High School
- Monica School
- Our Lady of Lourdes
- Calgary Arts Academy
- Calgary Montessori School
- Elboya School
- Delta West Academy
- Rundle Academy
- Central Memorial High School
- Mount Royal University
- Mary’s Cathedral
- The Church of Immanuel
- Sunrise Gospel Association
- First Baptist Church
- Hungarian Calvin Presbyterian Church
- NewSpring Church
- Central United Church
- Living Spirit United Church
- Cliff Bungalow
- Victoria Park
- Upper Mount Royal
- Lower Mount Royal
- Windsor Park
- Marda Loop
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- CF Chinook Mall
- 17th Avenue Entertainment District
- Scotiabank Saddledome
- Stampede Grounds
- Britannia Shopping Centre
- Heritage Park
- The Calgary Golf Country Club
- Earl Grey Golf Course
- Sandy Beach
- Stanley Park
Looking to buy or sell in the Mission neighbourhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.