ABOUT MAYLAND HEIGHTS CALGARY
MAYLAND HEIGHTS HOMES FOR SALE!
Community of Mayland Heights, Calgary, Alberta
An up and coming infill community.
Mayland Heights is an up and coming infill community. Many people love this neighbourhood because the original housing structures are in great condition, meaning they can renovate rather than demolish and rebuild. This highly-sought-after area is also close to downtown, with access to Bridgeland via the 8th Street Bridge.
Mayland Heights may not be ready for infills for another five to 10 years, but this is a community to watch as the lot sizes are generous and home prices (for investors to demolish and rebuild) are affordable. In addition, pockets of Mayland Heights have beautiful views of downtown Calgary and the Rocky Mountains. Owners in this area know that their west-facing views are priceless.
Amenities include 7-Eleven, Family Foods, Mayland Heights Loonie Plus Store, Napa Autopro, Rexall, Righteous Gelato, Payless Liquor Store, Bridgeland Market, T&T Supermarket, Safeway Northgate, Sunridge Mall, Co-op Forest Lawn, Basha Foods International, Bombay Spices, SPUD.ca, Alberta Halal Meat and Grocery and Superstore.
- A 10-minute drive to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT).
- Sunridge Mall is just around the corner, offering residents a variety of shopping and restaurant options.
- Mayland Heights is an active, engaged community with an outdoor skating rink and Bingo Barn, as well as a variety of sports and senior programs.
- A variety of bus routes are found within the community. Many residents use the Barlow/Max Bell LRT.
- For those wanting a break from the city, the TransCanada Highway provides easy access in and out of Calgary.
- Dog lovers will enjoy the Mayland Heights Off-Leash Dog Park.
- This neighbourhood offers breathtaking views of Calgary and the mountains.
Schools/universities in Mayland Heights and surrounding communities include:
- Mayland Heights School: K – Gr 6
- Belfast School: K – Gr 6
- Colonel Macleod School: Gr 4 – 9
- Crescent Heights High School
- Alphonsus School: K – Gr 9
- Francis High School
- Mary’s High School
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Crossroads Community Church
- Mary, Mother of the Redeemer
- Ascension Lutheran Church
- Central Calgary Evangelical Free Church
- Celestial Church of Christ
- Monte Calvario Church
- RCCG House of David
- Grace Baptist Church
- Renfrew Baptist Church
- Calgary Hope Christina Community Church
- Penbrooke Meadows
- Eau Claire
- Mount Pleasant
- Highland Park
- Monterey Park
- Marlborough Park
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Telus Spark Centre
- Bottomlands Park
- Fox Hollow Golf Course
- McCall Lake Golf Course
- Inglewood Golf & Curling Club
- Calgary Zoo
- Sunridge Mall
- Calgary Tower
- Stampede Grounds
- Scotiabank Saddledome
Looking to buy or sell in the Mayland Heights neighbourhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.