Community of Kingsland, Calgary, Alberta
An up and coming infill community.
Kingsland is an up and coming infill community. Investors constantly seek the larger lots, older houses and other amenities found in this neighbourhood. Approximately half of the homes in Kingsland are apartments and condominium buildings. Remaining homes are a mix of single-family detached homes, semi-detached homes and townhouses.
This established community is located just south of Chinook Centre, the largest and busiest shopping centre in Calgary. The main roads that connect this community are Glenmore Trail and Macleod Trail South. During rush hour, Elbow Drive and Heritage Drive are popular secondary roads that connect Kingsland community residents.
Amenities include: Kingsland Co-op Liquor Store, The UPS Store, Marshalls, Co-op Gas Bar, Fountain Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, Starbucks, Cobs Bread, Vespucci Consignment, Campers Village Calgary, The Bike Shop South, A-Mart, Co-op, Save-on-Foods, Urban Grub, Safeway Glenmore Landing, A&T Grocery, Scotiabank, Shell Station, Dairy Queen and M&M Food Market.
- Kingsland is an established, family-friendly neighbourhood.
- An ice rink and toboggan hill can be found in the area.
- Heritage C-Train Station is located just south of the community and provides direct access to the downtown core. For those who drive, Kingsland provides easy access to downtown Calgary via Macleod Trail or Elbow Drive. It’s also easy to access south Calgary from this area.
- An off-leash dog park is found in Kingsland, as well as Loomis Park and Singh Hari Park.
- Residents appreciate the close proximity to the Glenmore Reservoir.
- A variety of dining options are found along Macleod Trail.
Schools/universities in Kingsland and surrounding communities include:
- Kingsland School
- Augustine Fine Arts School
- Kingsland Community Preschool
- Escuelas públicas
- Kingsland Centre
- Henry Wise Wood High School
- Chinook Park School
- Mount Royal University
- Shepherd King Lutheran Church
- Glenmore Temple
- Springs Church
- Calgary Korean Baptist Church
- St Peter’s Anglican Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Heritage Drive Chapel)
- Salvation Army (The)
- First Assembly
- Southside Victory Church Fellowship
- My Church
- Fairview Baptist Church
- St Gerard’s Church
- Chinook Park
- Meadowlark Park
- Kelvin Grove
- Eagle Ridge
- Pump Hill
- Lincoln Park
- Willow Park
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Chinook Mall
- Calgary Golf & Country Club
- Stanley Park
- Sandy Beach Park
- Glenmore Reservoir
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Calgary Tower
- Glenbow Museum
- The Military Museums