Community of Killarney, Calgary, Alberta
A top inner-city infills community.
Killarney or Glengarry is an inner city community in Calgary. 17th Avenue and Richmond Road bound the area north/south, and 25a Street SW and 37 Street SW bound it east/west. This is a popular infill area because the West LRT that connects to downtown is only a short walk from the community.
Trendy 17th Avenue borders the community. Because Killarney/Glengarry is further west along 17th Avenue SW, there is not as much nightlife, but popular restaurants are still within walking distance. Also, Westbrook Mall, Wal-mart and a public library are a few blocks away. The community is also a five minute drive to Westhills Shopping Centre. Killarney Aquatic Recreation Centre can be found in the community and is popular for people who want to workout without going to a private gym.
Amenities include: Indigo, Staples, Superstore, Co-op, Odeon, Calgary Public Library, Tim Hortons, Safeway, Starbucks, Glamorgan Bakery, Guess Factory, Ricki’s, Winners, Buck or Two, Michaels, La Vie en Rose Signal Hill Outlet, Second Cup, 7-Eleven, Mark’s, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Dollarama, Eddie Bauer, Earls Kitchen + Bar, Canadian Tire, Co-op, National, Famoso, Montana’s, Tuk Tuk Thai, McDonald’s, Freshii, and Kinjo Sushi and Grill.
- A variety of off leash dog parks can be found in and around the community.
- Mount Royal University is a five minute drive.
- Multiple senior’s residences are located around Killarney/Glengarry.
- Crowchild Trail, one of Calgary’s roadways, is undergoing new user-friendly upgrades to enhance this community’s commute to the downtown core and other parts of the city.
Schools/universities in Killarney/Glengarry and surrounding communities include:
- A. E. Cross School – Regular (7-9), Spanish Bilingual (7-8)
- Alexander Ferguson School – Regular (K-6)
- Ernest Manning High School – Regular (10-12), Advanced Placement (AP) (10-12), Dual Credit (10-12), Off-Campus Work Experience (10-12)
- Glendale School – Regular (K-6)
- Richmond School – Regular (K-6)
- Vincent Massey School – Regular (7-9)
- Catholic Schools that service this community include Holy Name School (K-6), St. Thomas Aquinas School (K-5), St. Michael School (K-9), St. Gregory School (6-9) and St. Mary’s High School (10-12)
- Killarney Baptist Church
- Holy Name Church
- St. Matthew’s United Church
- Rom Church
- Bethany International Church
- Rosscarrock Church of Christ
- West Springs Church
- Knox Presbeteryian Church
- Signal Hill
- Lincoln Park
- West Springs
- Rutland Park
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Westhills Shopping Centre
- Grey Eagle Casino
- Weaselhead Flats
- Westbrook Mall
- Chinook Mall
- Glamorgan Park
- Mountain View Bowling
- North Glenmore Park
- South Glenmore Park
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- The Military Museums
- Edworthy Park