The community of Glamorgan, Calgary, Alberta
An up and coming infill community.
Glamorgan is located in southwest Calgary on the border of where Sarcee Trail turns into Glenmore Trail. It’s bounded by Glenmore Trail and Richmond Road to the north and south, and 37th Street and Sarcee Trail to the east and west. Neighbouring communities, like Glenbrook and Glendale, and already prevalent infill communities, and Glamorgan will follow in the coming years.
Many residents love the Glamorgan community because of its proximity to Westhills Shopping Centre. Here you can find entertainment, shops, grocery stores, a library, restaurants and many other amenities. In addition, Glamorgan Park is the biggest park in the community and is a great place to walk your dog.
Amenities include Indigo, Staples, Superstore, Cineplex Odeon, Calgary Public Library, Tim Hortons, Safeway, Starbucks, Glamorgan Bakery, Guess Factory, Ricki’s, Winners, Buck or Two, Michaels, La Vie en Rose Signal Hill Outlet, Second Cup, Liquor Depot, Mark’s, Eddie Bauer, Earls Kitchen + Bar, Canadian Tire, Co-op, National, Famoso, Montana’s, Tuk Tuk Thai, McDonald’s, Freshii, and Kinjo Sushi and Grill.
- Glamorgan is perfect for dog lovers; multiple dog parks can be found in the community.
- Mount Royal University is located beside the community.
- A variety of senior’s residences are located in the area including Glamorgan Care Centre.
- While an LRT route does not directly serve this community, multiple bus routes are available that transport residents to the Westbrook LRT station, 45 Street LRT station and 69 Street LRT station.
- Westhills Shopping Centre is a two-minute drive and has everything residents need.
- Directly to the south is the Tsuu Tina Nation Reserve and the popular Grey Eagle Casino.
Schools/universities in Glamorgan and surrounding communities include:
- Glamorgan Elementary School
- Glenbrook School
- E. Cross School
- All Boys Program
- Killarney School
- Battalion Park School
- Calgary Christian Schools
- Andrew Elementary School
- Mount Royal University
- Glamorgan Church
- Stephen Protomartyr Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Knox Presbeteryian Church
- Richmond Hill Baptist Church
- Rainbow Christian Church
- Bethany Chapel of Calgary
- Signal Hill
- Aspen Woods
- Lincoln Park
- Springbank Hill
- West Springs
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Westhills Shopping Centre
- Grey Eagle Casino
- Weaselhead Flats
- Chinook Mall
- Glamorgan Park
- Mountain View Bowling
- North Glenmore Park
- South Glenmore Park
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- The Military Museums
Looking to buy or sell in the Glamorgan neighbourhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.