ABOUT GARRISON WOODS CALGARY
GARRISON WOODS HOMES FOR SALE!
Don't miss that Perfect Garrison Woods Infill!
Community of Garrison Woods, Calgary, Alberta
A newer inner-city infill community.
Garrison Woods is a newer inner-city community in southwest Calgary. It’s considered an infill community because of its approximate location is within 15 minutes of and easy access to downtown via Crowchild Trail and Glenmore Trail.
Garrison Woods occupies an area originally known as a Canadian Forces Base established in 1933. When Canada Lands Company purchased this area, it became one of the largest redevelopment sites within an established community; three phases spread over 400 acres (162 hectares). Today, it is in its third and final phase: community development. Garrison Woods, Garrison Green and Currie are some of the most desirable Calgary neighbourhoods to live in thanks to their mixed-use housing, green spaces, sustainable development and historical landmarks. Once complete, these areas will have as many as 5,700 single and multi-family homes. Specifically, construction in Garrison Woods started in the early 2000s.
The community is close to nearby recreational amenities including the Flames Community Arena, Richmond Green Golf Course and Glenmore Aquatic Centre. Mount Royal University is also around the corner. Near the university you can find many townhouse condos available which are perfect for students, academics and young professionals. Garrison Woods is in walking distance to Marda Loop – a perfect place for all your shopping needs.
Amenities include Safeway, Safeway Liquor, David’s Tea, Village Ice Cream, Starbucks, Blush Lane Organic Market, Tim Hortons, Shoppers Drug Mart, Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters, Cobbs Bakery, Scotiabank, Wildrose Brewery and other local boutiques in the Garrison Village.
- This is a senior-friendly neighbourhood. The Manor Village at Garrison Woods is a well-known senior care centre in Calgary.
- Many green spaces are in close proximity including Sandy Beach and Calgary’s beautiful Weaselhead Flats – a popular outdoor destination overlooking the Glenmore Reservoir.
- Garrison Woods is in the vicinity of numerous off-leash dog parks.
- The community is only a 10-minute drive to downtown with multiple bus routes running through the neighbourhood.
Schools/universities in Garrison Woods and surrounding communities include:
- Altadore School (K-6)
- Mount Royal Junior High
- Central Memorial (Senior High School)
- Calgary Catholic School District: Holy Name (K-6), St. Michael School (K-9), St. James School (K-9) and Bishop Carroll (Senior High School)
- Mount Royal University
- Bethany Chapel of Calgary
- Altadore Baptist Church
- First Mennonite Church
- Calgary Community Reformed Church
- River Park Church
- Community Grace Church
- Living Spirit United Church
- Christian Life Assembly
- The Anglican Parish of St. Mark & St. Philip
- Garrison Green
- Signal Hill
- Marda Loop
- North Glenmore
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- The Military Museums
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Sandy Beach
- Chinook Mall
- Wild Rose Brewery
- Elboya Park
- South Glenmore Park
- Weaselhead Flats
- Flames Community Arena
BOOK A CALGARY INFILL TOUR
Please send us a quick email to email@example.com to book your tour!
FOUND AN INFILL YOU LIKE?
Schedule a Showing Now
Please send us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org to book your showing!
Quick Snapshot Garrison Woods Neighbourhood Information!
CALGARY INFILLS GUIDE PRESENTS