ABOUT GARRISON GREEN CALGARY
GARRISON GREEN HOMES FOR SALE!
Community of Garrison Green, Calgary, Alberta
A new Calgary community.
Garrison Green can be found in southwest Calgary, conveniently located on the corner of Glenmore Trail and Crowchild Trail south. When Canada Lands Company purchased this area, it became one of the largest redevelopment sites within an established community; three phases spread over 400 acres (162 hectares). Today, it is in its third and final phase: community development. Garrison Green, Garrison Woods and Currie are some of the most desirable Calgary neighbourhoods to live in thanks to their mixed-use housing, green spaces, sustainable development and historical landmarks. Once complete, these areas will have as many as 5,700 single and multi-family homes.
Garrison Green is a tiny community mainly consisting of large commercial buildings and a pocket of retail strips. It’s also close to nearby recreational amenities including the Flames Community Arena, Richmond Green Golf Course and Glenmore Aquatic Centre. Mount Royal University is also around the corner. Near the university, you can find many townhouse condos available which are perfect for students, academics and young professionals. Garrison Green is a five-minute drive to either Signal Hill or Marda Loop – both perfect places for all your shopping needs.
Amenities include Safeway, Safeway Liquor, David’s Tea, Village Ice Cream, Starbucks, Blush Lane Organic Market, Tim Hortons, Superstore, Indigo, Shoppers Drug Mart, Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters, Cobbs Bakery, Scotiabank, Wildrose Brewery and other local boutiques in the Garrison Village.
- This is a senior-friendly neighbourhood. Carewest Garrison Green is one of the largest senior care centres in Calgary.
- Many green spaces are in close proximity including Sandy Beach and Calgary’s beautiful Weaselhead Flats – a popular outdoor destination overlooking the Glenmore Reservoir.
- Garrison Green is in the vicinity of numerous off-leash dog parks.
- The community is only a 10-minute drive to downtown.
Schools/universities in Garrison Green and surrounding communities include:
- Glendale School (K-6)
- Jennie Elliott School (K-6)
- E. Cross School: Regular (7-9), Spanish Bilingual (7-8)
- Glenbrook School: Regular (K-6)
- Central Memorial High School: Regular (10-12), Advanced Placement (AP) (10-12), Career & Technology (10-12), Dual Credit (10-12), Off-Campus Work Experience (10-12)
- Catholic Schools: Holy Name School (K-6), St. Michael School (K-9), St. James School (K-9), St. Mary’s High School (10-12)
- Mount Royal University
- Calgary First Church of the Nazarene
- Laurence Anglican Church
- Lakeview United Church
- Rainbow Christian Church
- Bethany Chapel of Calgary
- Calgary Grace Lutheran Church
- Christian Life Assembly
- Friends Church Calgary
- Altadore Baptist Church
- Knox Presbeteryn Church
- Garrison Woods
- Signal Hill
- Marda Loop
- North Glenmore
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- The Military Museums
- Heritage Park Historical Village
- Sandy Beach
- Chinook Mall
- Wild Rose Brewery
- Elboya Park
- South Glenmore Park
- Weaselhead Flats
- Flames Community Arena
Looking to buy or sell in the Garrison Green neighborhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.