A Are you looking for an inner-city bungalow that has the versatility to buy and hold, or buy and redevelop? This could be a perfect home for you! 2812 – 26 Street SW is located on a quieter street in Killarney.
G Gorgeous 5 bedroom bungalow flooded with natural light that is located on the quiet end of 26th street in the highly desirable community of Killarney! This bungalow is a dream come true for anyone wanting to live close to downtown, without compromising their need for a traditional home. The many features of this home include original maple hardwood floors, slate tile heated floors in the kitchen, cherry kitchen cabinets, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The main floor has 2 generous sized bedrooms, a recently modelled four-piece bathroom. The basement is fully finished with an additional 3 bedrooms, a large family room (currently as a fashion studio), 5 piece heated floor in the bathroom with a double vanity sink. The HUGE backyard has a single detached garage, large deck, pathway and mature trees with plenty of space for RV parking. Perennials border the front and back yards and a large herb and vegetable garden, a gardener’s paradise! Nice west facing front yard with a large porch and sitting area to enjoy the sunset. This home has great holding power, as it is DC zoned and large 50’x120′ perfect for future redevelopment. Less than 15 minutes to the downtown core. Easy access to Crowchild Trail, 17th Ave/Bow Trail. Close to LRT, Bus Routes, and Bike Paths. Build a Duplex or talk to the city about building a multi-family home.
Z Zoning of DC is unique in the city of Calgary. Most detached homes in the city of Calgary are zoned, RC-1, RC-2 meaning that 1 or 2 dwellings can reside on the same lot. The zoning DC is versatile use to the community. Many owners in Killarney have DC zoning and do not understand what the by-law use could be. The possibility to redevelop with a zoning of DC can vary from a Single Detached Homes, Semi-Detached (Duplex), Multifamily (Fourplex), Laneway Homes (AKA Garage Suites, Backyard Suites, Carriage Suites), Townhomes (Row and 8-Plex), or Commercial projects.
Community of Killarney is a very desirable inner-city community in the city of Calgary.Killarney, also known as Glengarry is an inner-city community in the city of Calgary Alberta. The community of Killarney is bounded by 17th Avenue SW, Richmond Road SW and 25a Street SW and 37 Street SW. Perks for living in Killarney include:
- The West LRT (C-Train connection to Downtown) is only a short walk from the community (Westbrook Station or Shaganappi Point Station) – Along Bow Trail.
- Trendy 17th Avenue is only a few short blocks away. Because this community, popular restaurants are a short drive away.
- Killarney Aquatic Recreation Centre is also located nearby for the people that are more health-conscious and want to workout without going to a private gym.
- Richmond Green Golf Course is just South of the community.
- Marda Loop entertainment district is nearby (on the other side of Crowchild Trail).
- Nicholls Family Library
- Westbrook Mall – indoor retail mall is only a few blocks away.
- Nearby public schools include: Glendale School (K-6), Richmond School (K-6), Alexander Ferguson (K-6), Vincent Massey School, (7-9), A. E. Cross (7-9), and Ernest Manning High School (10-12)
- Nearby Catholic Schools include: St. Thomas Aquinas School (K-5), Holy Name School (K-6), St. Michael School (K-9), St. Gregory School (6-9), and St. Mary’s High School (10-12).
Crowchild Trail, a major roadway is facing some exciting new upgrades to make Crowchild Trail a lot more user friendly, thus connecting Killarney to the downtown core and North West of the city easier.
T Talk to us if you are ready to purchase your new home, or if you want to learn more about building your custom inner-city infill with finding a lot like this.
I If you have a very similar home to this Bungalow in Killarney, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about selling your older inner-city bungalow home.