Community of Erlton, Calgary, Alberta
Inner-city infill community located beside Calgary’s trendiest entertainment districts
Erlton is an inner-city infill community located just south of Mission. The community is bound by the Elbow River, Mission Road to the south and Spiller Road to the east. Macleod Trail, one of Calgary’s major highways, runs right through Erlton. Repsol Sports Centre (formerly Talisman Centre or Lindsay Park) is a state-of-the-art sports and recreation centre located in Erlton.
This is a popular community for people who like to enjoy Calgary’s event and entertainment districts. It’s located just south of Stampede Park, and Mission, 17th Avenue and Victoria Park Entertainment Districts. In addition, it’s close to Stanley Park which offers many beautiful river pathways. For those who work downtown, the Erlton/Stampede LRT Station provides easy access to Calgary’s city centre.
Amenities include Safeway, Starbucks, Shoppers Drug Mart, Scotiabank, Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters, Purple Perk, Good Earth Coffeehouse, Purr Petite, Jinya, 4th Street Liquor and Wine, Mission General Store, Amaranth Whole Foods, Una Pizza + Wine, lululemon and Reader’s Garden Cafe.
- Erlton is in walking distance to Mission, Victoria Park and 17th Avenue.
- Repsol Sports Centre is one of Calgary’s top sporting facilities.
- Erlton Stampede Station is only two stations from Calgary’s downtown core.
- Easy access driving to downtown via MacLeod Trail or 4th Street SW.
- Two off-leash dog parks are located near the community.
- Chinook Centre, one of Calgary’s top shopping malls, is a five-minute drive from Erlton.
- Many of Calgary’s top restaurants surround the community.
- Reader Rock Garden Historic Park is one of Calgary’s most unique cultural landscapes and is located in Erlton.
Schools/universities in Erlton and surrounding communities include:
- St. Monica School
- St. Mary’s High School
- Western Canada High School
- Earl Grey School
- Sunvalley Kids Montessori
- Rideau Park School
- Ramsay School
- Montessori School of Calgary
- The Church of Immanuel
- The Russian Orthodox Church
- Assembly of God
- Christ Church South East Calgary
- Jesus is Alive Community Calgary
- Members Church of God International
- Victoria Park
- Elbow Park
- Rideau Park
- Cliff Bungalow
- Lower Mount Royal
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Repsol Sports Centre
- Chinook Mall
- 17th Avenue Entertainment District
- Mission Entertainment District
- Victoria Park Entertainment District
- Calgary Stampede Grounds
- Stanley Park
- Sandy Beach Park
- Calgary Tower
- Glenbow Museum
- Reader Rock Garden