ABOUT CRESCENT HEIGHTS CALGARY
CRESCENT HEIGHTS HOMES FOR SALE!
Community of Crescent Heights, Calgary, Alberta
Luxury, upscale inner-city community.
Crescent Heights is a stunning inner-city neighbourhood in the heart of Calgary. It’s located north of downtown via the Centre Street Bridge, south of 16th Avenue (or Highway 1), west of Edmonton Trail, east of 4th Street NW and north of the Bow River – the Bow River separates the community from downtown. This is a popular neighbourhood to convert homes into infills because of the outstanding views and access to downtown; many people in this community walk to work. It’s also easy to leave Calgary for a day out of the city via Highway 1/16th Avenue.
Crescent Heights Hill is famous in Calgary for having one of the most stunning views of the downtown core and Prince’s Island Park. This view can be captured from McHugh Bluff, Sunnyside Bank Park and Rotary Park. The Centre Street Bridge (Lion’s Bridge) is a historic Calgary bridge crossing the Bow River along Centre Street. The lower deck connects Riverfront Avenue in Chinatown with Memorial Drive, while the upper deck connects into Crescent Heights. This bridge is the main connection for Crescent Heights into downtown.
Amenities include: Peter’s Drive-In, Tops Supermarket, Sum Sum Hong Ginseng and Natural Food Ltd., Co-op, Safeway, Blush Lane Organic Market, Starbucks, Luke’s Drug Mart, Bridgeland Market, Jusu Bar, Rosso Coffee Roasters and Crescent Liquor Store.
- Crescent Heights offers access to off leash parks for dog lovers.
- A variety of transit routes are available in the neighbourhood which are ideal for students attending Crescent Heights High School.
- The community offers one of the best views of downtown Calgary.
- Accessibility to downtown is convenient via bus, walk, bike and car. During rush hour, lane reversal is in effect and can make the community easier to get into and out of downtown.
- North Hill Mall, SAIT, Alberta University of the Arts and the Southern Jubilee Auditorium are all easily accessible.
- Calgary’s downtown river pathways are a five minute walk from the community.
- Seniors residences include Rose Manor and Wing Kei Crescent Heights nursing home.
Schools/universities in Crescent Heights and surrounding communities include:
- Crescent Heights High School
- Balmoral School
- Rosedale Playschool
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- University of Calgary
- Alberta University of the Arts
- Crescent Heights Baptist Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and Family History Center
- Wild Rose United Church
- GoodTree Christian Fellowship
- United Church of Canada
- The Calgary Presbytery
- Sharon Danish Lutheran Church
- Calvary Grace Church
- East Village
- Victoria Park
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Prince’s Island Park
- Crescent Heights Park
- Calgary Zoo
- Rotary Park
- Peace Bridge
- Crescent Heights Lookout Point
- Eau Claire Market
- Southern Jubilee Auditorium
- Langevin Bridge
- McHugh Bluff
- Riverfront Avenue