ABOUT COLLINGWOOD CALGARY
COLLINGWOOD HOMES FOR SALE!
Community of Collingwood, Calgary, Alberta
Collingwood is a residential neighbourhood in the northwest quadrant of Calgary. Located immediately south of Nose Hill Park, the streets that bound this community are John Laurie Boulevard to the north, 14th Street NW to the east and 19th Street to the west. Confederation Park Golf Course and Canmore Park can be found to the south. Triwood is also a sub-community within Collingwood.
Collingwood is known for its flip potential more than its infills, but it’s considered a future infill community because some properties are new builds from originally older gutted homes. There is also more potential to tear down old homes with large lots giving people the potential to build their dream homes in a very desirable community. Most homes were built in 1959 when the community was officially established.
For families with children, there are many schools located in Collingwood and the communities of Capitol Hill, Charleswood and Banff Trail. Public schools include Collingwood School, Capitol Hill School (K-6), Senator Patrick Burns School (7-9) and William Aberhart High School (10-12). Catholic Schools include St. Margarent Elementary/Junior High School, St. Francis High School (10-12), St. Luke School (K-6) in Brentwood and St. Joseph (K-9) in Mount Pleasant.
Collingwood amenities include: The Tech Shop, Big Country Liquor, Global Pet Foods, 7-Eleven, Safeway, M&M Food Market, Co-op, Sunnyside Natural Market, Bridgeland Market, Market Mall, Salsita, Pangaea Pizza, Riverstone Pub, OK Tire and Shoppers Drug Mart.
- The closest CTrain (LRT) stations to Collingwood are Brentwood Station and University Station.
- Many residents in the neighbourhood are families, as well as students who study at the University of Calgary.
- The community offers two off leash dog parks.
- The neighbourhood is supported by the Triwood Community Associationwhich has indoor and outdoor hockey rinks, an ice skating rink and lacrosse facilities.
- Nose Hill Park offers around 2,700 acres of pathways and outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Confederation Park is close to Collingwood and residents love the bike tracks, wooded areas for cross-country skiing and golf course.
Schools/universities in Collingwood and surrounding communities include:
- Canadian Martyrs Church
- Mother Teresa Syro Malabar Church
- Brentview Baptist Church
- Truth Church of Calgary
- Holy Cross Anglican Church
- Capitol Hill
- North Haven
- Mount Pleasant
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Olympic Oval
- McMahon Stadium
- Canmore Park
- Prince’s Island Park
- Nose Hill Park
- Peace Bridge
- Calgary Tower
- Splash Park
- Riley Park
- Confederation Park Golf Course