Community of Britannia, Calgary, Alberta
A top luxury or estate inner-city infills community
Britannia is a small, but affluent, Calgary community. It’s an inner city estate community in south west Calgary, bounded by other infill/luxury communities including Elboya, Windsor Park and Elbow Park. Britannia is also bounded by the Elbow River to the west and has lots of walking trails and parks including Riverdale Park, Sandy Beach Park and Stanley Park. Britannia is known to have some of the best homes and views in Calgary, as well as beautiful pathways and close access to the Glenmore Reservoir. Many individuals who buy in Britannia make their purchase a forever home and love the family green spaces such as picnic areas at Sandy Beach.
Britannia is right next door to CF Chinook Centre which features the best shopping in the city. In addition, the community is beside MacLeod Trail providing residents with easy access to the rest of the city’s main roadways.
Located in this neighbourhood is the trendy Britannia Plaza. Amenities include Starbucks, Monogram Coffee, Orange Theory, Sunterra Market, Britannia Wine Merchants, Owl’s Nest Books, Amanail Boutique, Village Ice Cream, The Tech Shop and Britannia Medical Clinic. A common local hang out place is Brown’s Social House.
- Five minute drive to the Talisman Rec. Centre, the beltline and downtown.
- Vast green spaces comprise the neighbourhood such as Glenmore Reservoir and Lincoln Park.
- Rocky View Hospital is a five minute drive and the community is in close proximity to fire and police services.
- Temple B’nai Tikvah is Calgary’s Reform Judaism congregation which has served the Jewish Community for over 40 years.
- Elite hotspots such as the Calgary Golf & Country Club and Glencoe Club are located close to Britannia.
- Amica Britannia is an elite seniors living complex located right across from Britannia Plaza.
Schools/universities in Britannia and surrounding communities:
- Calgary Montessori School
- Anthony School
- Elboya Elementary Junior High School
- Emily Follensbee School
- William Reid School
- Western Canada High School
- Saint Chinook Park
- Augustine Elementary Junior High School
- Henry Wise Wood High School
- Calgary Girls School
- Mount Royal University
- First Assembly
- First Evangelical Free Church
- Friends Church Calgary
- Living Spirit United Church
- Meadowland Park
- Windsor Park
- Marda Loop
- Kelvin Grove
- North Glenmore
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- CF Chinook Mall
- Britannia Shopping Centre
- Heritage Park
- The Calgary Golf Country Club
- Earl Grey Golf Course
- Glenmore Reservoir
- Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Sandy Beach
- Stanley Park
Looking to buy or sell in the Britannia neighborhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.