Community of Brentwood, Calgary, Alberta
Voted the top Calgary community in 2019 according to Avenue Magazine
Brentwood is an up and coming inner city infill community in north west Calgary. This neighbourhood is gaining popularity as an infill community because of its large lot sizes. Investors may want to fix and flip homes, or consider demolishing and creating bigger, brand new houses. Brentwood is unique because many homes are already zoned for RC-2 meaning that two families may reside in the same home, whether it be rent up, live down, or two duplexes built on the same land. For more information, visit The City of Calgary’s Land Use Districts/Zoning website.
Brentwood is an easily-accessible, well-rounded community near John Laurie Boulevard, Crowchild Trail and Shaganappi Trail. The community has multiple LRT stops including Brentwood Station and University Station. Amenities include Brentwood Village Shopping Centre, as well as Co-op, Safeway, Jamesons Pub, Kilkenny Irish Pub, Bed Bath & Beyond, BMO Bank of Montreal, TD Canada Trust, London Drugs, Liquor Depot, Sleep Country, Anytime Fitness, Canada Post and Starbucks.
- Brentwood is located next to beautiful Nose Hill Park which covers over 11 km² and offers a variety of paths and walkways.
- Adjacent to the University of Calgary and McMahon Stadium. University City Condos is a new condominium development in the area.
- Two off leash dog parks can be found in Brentwood.
- Brentwood is close to Alberta Children’s Hospital and Foothills Hospital.
- The community is a popular student community due to its proximity to the University of Calgary.
- Brentwood neighborhoods are mature and quiet, with large trees.
Schools/universities in Bowness and surrounding communities:
- Brentview Baptist Church
- The Road Church
- Village Church Calgary Ministry Centre
- Hope Lutheran Church
- Luke’s Catholic Church
- Foothills Lutheran Church
- North Haven
- Silver Springs
Popular attractions nearby:
- Olympic Oval
- McMahon Stadium
- Nosehill Park
- Edworthy Park
- Peace Bridge
Looking to buy or sell in the Brentwood neighborhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today.