Community of Bankview, Calgary, Alberta
Panoramic city views.
Bankview is located in southwest Calgary and is one of the oldest communities in the city, established in 1908. The community sits on a hill providing panoramic city views.
The neighbourhood is bounded by 17th Avenue SW and 26th Avenue SW from north and south, and 14th Street SW and 19th Street SW from east to west. Bankview is just on the corner of the popular 17th Avenue entertainment district (also known as the Red Mile in 2004). Neighbouring communities include South Calgary, Altadore (AKA Marda Loop), Killarney and Connaught. Nearby Crowchild Trail is the main major road that serves the Bankview community, and 14th Street is also a great connection into the downtown core. The majority of Bankview residents are renters that reside in condominiums and apartments.
There are plenty of trendy shops and restaurants nearby including Moti Mahal, The Chocolate Bar, Homestead, Second Cup and Moxie’s.
- Midtown Co-op and Safeway Downtown are close by grocery stores.
- The Sunalta Ctrain/LRT Station is only a few blocks away in the community of Sunalta.
- Bankview is close to beautiful green spaces including BuckMaster Park, Bankview Community Garden, Somme Avenue Park, Elbow Park Off-Leash Area and Shaw Millenium Park.
- Multiple police and fire stations are located in and around Bankview.
- Bankview is in walking distance to Calgary’s Beltline which has many trendy restaurants and shops.
- Bankview House Senior Citizens Residence is located in the community.
Schools/universities in Bankview surrounding communities:
- Richmond School
- Connaught School
- Mount Royal School
- Western Canada High School
- Church Universal & Triumphant
- Scarboro United Church
- Community Grace Church
- Sacred Heart Church
- The Anglican Parish of St. Mark & St. Philip
- South Calgary
- Richmond/Knob Hill
- Lower Mount Royal
- Marda Loop
- Mount Royal
- Elbow Park
- Cliff Bungalow
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- Nimmons Park
- Prince’s Island Park
- Calgary Tower
- Fort Calgary
- Nosehill Park
- Olympic Plaza
- Glenbow Museum
Looking to buy or sell in the Bankview neighborhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today: email@example.com