Community of Altadore, Calgary, Alberta
A top inner-city infills community.
Altadore is an upscale inner-city Calgary community that is popular for infills due to its proximity to the city centre and near-river location. This neighbourhood started in 1945 with post-war era homes that have now been replaced by new infills. According to the 2016 City of Calgary Census, 74% of Altadore residents are between the age of 15 – 64 years old.
Located west of The Elbow River, Crowchild Trail easily connects this community to north and south Calgary. Marda Loop and the Elbow River are reachable within about 10 to 15 minutes of walking. Amenities in Altadore include: Belmont Diner, Globefish Sushi, Pegasus Greek Restaurant, Nho Saigon, Garrison Pub, My Favourite Ice Cream Shop, Phil and Sebastians, Tres Marias Food Market, Village Ice Cream, Marda Loop Brewing Company, WOW Bakery Cafe, Madrose Pub, Safeway and Original Joe’s.
The Elbow River and its network of pathways extend north to downtown and beyond. Going south, they head towards the Glenmore Reservoir and a bit further to the Weaselhead Natural Area. For those who live an active lifestyle outdoors, living in Altadore makes it all possible just short walking distances from home.
Crowchild Trail to the west makes it easy to get around town. Mount Royal University is a few minutes away, while the up-and-coming mixed-use community in Currie Barracks is also just across Crowchild Trail which will eventually be another amenity hub like Marda Loop.
- Altadore is a park haven with four parks and six recreation facilities located within a 20 minute walk of the community. These include: Kiwanis Park, 17 St. SW Playground, River Park and a dog park.
- Transit routes include: NB 16 St SW at 42 Av SW.
- A fire station and Rockyview General Hospital are within three kilometres of Altadore.
- Altadore is located just south of the trendy Marda Loop entertainment district where there are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops and shopping options. Garrison Corner in Marda Loop includes: Safeway Garrison Woods, Village Ice Cream, David’s Tea, Float Life and Ripe Tomato Pizza.
Schools/universities in Altadore and surrounding communities:
- Altadore School (K-6)
- Central Memorial High School (10-12)
- Mount Royal University
- There are no Catholic schools in the area, but Bishop Carroll High School is nearby on Richard Road, as well as St. James School (K-9) in Lakeview.
- Altadore Baptist Church
- River Park Church
- Sonshine Centre Christian Community
- South Calgary
- North Glenmore Park
- Elbow Park and Cfb – Lincoln Park Pmq
Popular Attractions Nearby:
- The Military Museums
- Sandy Beach Park
- River Park (includes an off leash area)
- Marda Loop
Looking to buy or sell in the Altadore neighborhood, schedule a home showing or need more information? Contact us today: email@example.com